Make Ties Transparent

From: Mike iLL
Subject: Make Ties Transparent
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 21:21:46 -0600

I’m using `\hideNotes` so that multiple similar verses can be lined up beneath one another:

Melody with four beats here
Four syl — la — bles
Five syl — la — bil — lies

The code:

melody = \relative c'' {
 \clef treble
 \key c \major
 \time 3/4
 <<
   \new Voice = "chorus" {
     \voiceOne
     d4 c4. b8~ | b4 c2 |
   }
   \new Voice = "hidden" {
 \voiceTwo
      \hideNotes {
      d4 c4. b8~ | b4 g4 c4 |

chorus =  \lyricmode {
\set stanza = #"1. "
 Cho -- ir choir __
}

wordsTwo =  \lyricmode {
\set associatedVoice = "hidden"
\set stanza = #"2. "
      Cho -- ir sing -- ing it.
}

\score {
 <<
   \new Staff  {
     \new Voice = "main" { \melody }
   }
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "chorus" \chorus
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "hidden" \wordsTwo

The melody is hidden but ties and slurs are quite visible.

I think that making objects transparent is going to be the solution, but am not sure what objects I’m looking for:

Is it something like this `\override NoteHead.transparent = ##t`?

Thanks much.

Mike iLL Kilmer