Re: Selectively remove some staves consisting only of rests

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Selectively remove some staves consisting only of rests
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 15:39:44 -0500

Hi Reggie,

> I would also want to know how to do this basic layout setting which all
> other notation Programs have done since the dawning of time.

That claim seems hyperbolic, and almost certainly not true. (If I recall
correctly, NoteWriter v1 didn’t have any such ability.) In any case, saying
such a thing is totally unnecessary and ultimately unhelpful; it might be best
to avoid adding that kind of commentary in future posts.

> You shouldn't have to sacrifice the entire score hiding staves for this

You don’t have to; I select staves and have them appear and disappear as
desired all the time.

> Lilypond is so bizarre sometimes with things.

A totally useless and inflammatory comment.

> Why is it not easy to select staves to hide and they hide?

It is easy. You just don’t know how to do it.

Regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info