Use arbitrary notes (with stem/flag) as MMR stencil override

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Use arbitrary notes (with stem/flag) as MMR stencil override
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 16:22:09 +0100

Hi all,

I succeeded overriding a MultiMeasureRest's stencil with a custom markup to display arbitrary markups centered in a measure. So I know how to use the MMR's properties to determine a measure's center and place custom stencils appropriately.

However, now I have to do the same but not with text but with arbitrary notes. Unfortunately there's no stencil for a "note", so I'm not sure if I can make this approach work.

Would it be possible to manually combine (arbitrary) notehead, stem and flag to a custom stencil that I can then place inside the staff by overriding a MMR's stencil? Are there even tools to help me with that?

Or would there be a completely different possibility to print arbitrary notes centered in a measure?

Thanks for any pointers
Urs