Re: Please test new lilypond installers

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Please test new lilypond installers
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 17:36:31 -0600

On 1/29/2019 3:19 AM, Knut Petersen wrote:
> lilypond-2.21.0-1.freebsd-x86.sh

Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1
VirtualBox 5.2.22r126460
VM with 2 cores and 4 GB RAM

$ uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd32-vbox 12.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE r341666 GENERIC  i386

# pkg install compat6x-i386

And it seems to work. A simple C-Major scale compiled just fine.

It does look like there would be some further issues to resolve,
dependencies perhaps. I was going to give it a good test by compiling
the Heinrich Schütz "Schwanengesang" Psalm 119 that Brent Annable had
posted back in May 2018 - makes 194 pages. LilyPond parsed and
interpreted music and preprocessed graphical objects, then said "fatal
error: cannot allocate 70423 bytes."

I tried convert-ly, it gave a Python error that ended with "Undefined
symbol "PyString_Type"

Executing lilypond/usr/bin/python said: ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
"libstdc++.so.6" not found, required by "python"

That's about as far as I want to go here; the test was mainly just for
the installer.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA