Re: Change staff clef immediately after time signature

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Change staff clef immediately after time signature
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 16:36:31 +1100

Hi Christopher,

This comes up reasonably often. May I ask why you don't simply start the piece with the treble clef? If you immediately change to treble, what is the point of having the bass clef at this point? It's a musical decision up to you, but it always strikes me as a bit unnecessary. Any player will know the lower staff is the left hand, assuming this is normalish piano music, so there is no need for a bass clef to remind them. What you want is not wrong. just clumsy, and adds more visual noise to a score for the brain to deal with.

Andrew