Re: Opinions requested on deprecating "annotation" commands

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: Opinions requested on deprecating "annotation" commands
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 08:04:28 +1000

I'm happy to go with the consensus. Breaking any of my old documents won't be an issue for me, and I'm happy to defer to your expertise.

Craig

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 at 23:13, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
On 30.06.2018 14:14, Urs Liska wrote:
> # Encourage people to use the new system and "deprecate" the old syntax
> (but leave it alone and working). The downside is that the *names* of
> the old commands are very much what one would want, so I wouldn't want
> to discard them completely.
> # Make the old names wrappers around the new technology, so one can
> still say \criticalRemark.

I’d vote for the latter. Better to make a clean cut, and there’s so much
potential in this, and the number of users seems to be limited until now
in my perspective – I may be wrong.

Best, Simon