Re: \bookparts and scaling

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: \bookparts and scaling
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 02:55:45 -0700 (MST)

crimsonsunrise wrote
> If you combine both, say, you do global-set-staff-size, then try to change
> the size using layout-staff-size in something like a different book part,
> that will only enlarge the fonts, notes, articulations and text. The staff
> size will remain the same as what was set by global-set-staff-size.

Hi Elaine,

This is no longer true for the current LilyPond unstable versions and the
new soon-to-come 2.20 stable version. That's why it's always important to
mention the version (and I've included the verison statement \version
"2.19.81" in my minimal example).

When you look at my images or at Karlin's PDFs, it is clearly visible that
the saff-size actually changes.

The documentation, unfortunately, has not been updated yet and still claims
that the distance between lines didn't change:
"*Known issues and warnings*
layout-set-staff-size does not change the distance between the staff lines.
"

The documentations should be updated in that respect.

All the best,
Torsten