Re: openLilyLib

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: openLilyLib
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:12:39 -0500

On 6/27/2018 8:30 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
Right now I'm writing a manual for the package I've started to write, but I'm not fully sure yet if that's the right way forward. I'm writing in Markdown and use Pandoc (with lyluatex) to produce a PDF from it. One thing I'm missing is a proper way to generate an HTML site from that (for example to have online documentation on openlilylib.org) -- which Pandoc should in principle support.

In a past discussion here, ReadTheDocs was mentioned.

<https://readthedocs.org/>

No experience with it. But it does claim to produce multiple formats including PDF and HTML websites. Also claims integration with Git and other version control systems. Native format is Sphinx reStructuredText, what the Python documentation uses. But it has some support for Markdown.

<http://docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html#in-markdown>

Google found another project that uses Markdown and Pandoc with ReadTheDocs. This is from 2016:

<http://www.projectclearwater.org/good-documentation-readthedocs-and-markdown/>
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA