Re: add a ticktock measure to the beginning of a score

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: add a ticktock measure to the beginning of a score
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 11:09:11 +0200

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 at 10:47, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> writes:

> For this I thought to write a substitution function etc. Something like
> this (it doesn't compile):
>
> \version "2.19.81"
> myScore =
> #(define-void-function (music) (ly:music?)
>    (let (myRests #{ \time 3/4 r4 r r #} ) (ticktock #{ \time 3/4 hihat
> bassdrum bassdrum #}))
>    #{
>      \score {
>        <<
>          \new Staff {\myRests $music}
>          \new DrumStaff { \ticktock}
>        >>
>        \layout{} \midi{} } #})
>
> music = {\time 3/4 a b c'}
>
> \myScore \music
>
> The "let" part is not correct. I don't know how to define variable
> containing lilypond code using let.

How about copy&paste from working code then?

The first argument of "let" is a list (parenthesized) of variable
bindings.  Each binding has the form (var value) so in general let
_alyways_ starts (the exception being named let, but that's a different
beast)

(let ((

and you are missing the second paren.  Copying or imitating _any_
working let would have worked here.

My apologies David and thank you for your help.
But I also wanted to know if the direction I have taken was correct or completely wrong....
g.