global alignment tweak for ChordName

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: global alignment tweak for ChordName
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 13:41:12 -0400

Hi all,

I would like my chord names to be centred until they’re of a certain width (say
as wide as Cm7), and anything wider than that would extend to the right from a
position slightly to the left of the note column they’re attached to (as if
X-offset = -1).

Would this best be done with a Scheme callback function (maybe attached to
#'after-line-breaking or #'before-line-breaking)? I'm happy to try to solve the
problem myself (i.e., poke around at the Scheme until I run into a serious
roadblock), but want to at least start down the correct path.

Thanks for any pointers!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info