Re: \consists terminology

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: \consists terminology
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:45:32 +0200

Hi David,
On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 6:37 PM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

"consists of" and "will include the following as one of many
constituents upon instantiation to be part of its translator group" is
not the same.

Well, if the latter of these is what "\consists" is intended to mean in this context, then I'm inclined to think that maybe my earlier pedantry might be on to something. Do you agree with the following:

"A \consists B" is equivalent to "B constitutes [non-exclusively the relevant part of] A"?

If that's the case, the active verb that goes in the opposite direction would be "comprise". Its negation could be "decomprise."
You could also theoretically use "\invokes/\disinvokes" if that isn't already used elsewhere.

David Foster Wallace, terrible person though he was, would likely have had a few better suggestions.