Re: Lyric line's vertical position is shifting from one staff system to

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Lyric line's vertical position is shifting from one staff system to the next.
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 15:45:57 +0200 (CEST)

>> Care to prepare a patch?  You seem to be a native speaker, and
>> being a novice helps a lot in finding the right point of view for
>> the documentation...
>
> I would be honored to contribute in this way.  How may we proceed?

This depends on your experience with programming.  Assuming that you
have no idea, simply write an e-mail that contains your changes,
possibly copying and pasting the surrounding text from the HTML pages.
Show the filename, the paragraph before, then your added paragraph,
and the paragraph after.  Ditto for changes within a paragraph.
Please use the manuals from http://lilypond.org/development.html to
start with.

If you are more experienced, check out lilypond's git repository with

  git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/lilypond.git

and modify the corresponding documentation files in the
`Documentation' subdirectory (for novice contributors like you there
is no need to verify the changes by doing a documentation compilation
– we will do this).  If you have done your modifications, say

  git diff > doc.diffs

and send the `doc.diffs' to the list.

    Werner