Re: Bar lines at far left of single staff systens.

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Bar lines at far left of single staff systens.
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 22:34:58 -0500

On Mon 04 Jun 2018 at 22:38:35 (-0400), dfro wrote:
> Is there a setting to get bar lines to show on the far left side of
> single staff systems? I haven't been able to find a way to do this,
> if it is possible.

Put the staff in a grand staff thus:

  \new GrandStaff <<
    \new Staff <<

and add whichever of these you find you require:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override SystemStartBar.collapse-height = #1
  }
  \context {
    \GrandStaff
    \override SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #1

You can do the same with ChoirStaff, and using
SystemStartBracket/Brace/Square as appropriate.

Cheers,
David.