Environmental Path Variable

From: NagyMusic
Subject: Environmental Path Variable
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 20:01:52 -0400

I have Lilypond 2.19.80 installed on Windows, and it works just fine when used with Frescobaldi. I'm working on a project for which I need to be able to make Lilypond callable from my command line, which presently, I can't seem to achieve. For instance, when I enter lilypond --version, I get this message:

'lilypond' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I included the Lilypond executable system variable path to SYSTEM variable "path": C:\User\nagym\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin

I also tried including the same path to the USER variable "path" but with no luck.

Note that the Frescobaldi, which once again, works compiles .ly files flawlessly has this path as default:
C:\User\nagym\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-windows.exe

I welcome your advice on this issue. I admit that this all seems a little bit unusual since I used to be able to make Lilypond callable via terminal before on the same device. Perhaps I should reinstall Lilypond?

Thank you!