Re: Fwd: Compile crashing... help!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fwd: Compile crashing... help!
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 21:01:13 +0200

Samuel Speer <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 10:44 AM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> 1.82G is a bit of a strange number for a 64bit binary.  Are you using a
>> 64bit Windows and definitely a 64bit LilyPond (!) executable?
>>

> I checked my executable and it looks to be 32-bit. However, I couldn't find
> a 64-bit version on lilypond.org or at
> http://lilypond.org/downloads/binaries/
>
> Perhaps 64-bit releases for Windows aren't currently being built? Or more
> likely, I just don't know where to find them.

Oh.  The way it looks, we indeed only provide 32bit executables for
Windows (at least there is only one Mingw installer).  So it would
appear that you are indeed running out of memory.  Now make no mistake:
2GB for a 100-page document are pretty silly but LilyPond's grob storage
requirements are indeed excessive currently.  No work toning them down
has been done so far, so you'll not likely fare better with current
master.

I have no idea what it would entail to also provide 64bit Windows
binaries.

Would it be an option to try running a 64bit Linux executable under a
VM?  I'll readily agree that this an utter nuisance and not a viable
state at the current point of time but I cannot think of a better quick
fix right now.

--
David Kastrup