Frescobaldi 3 build on Ubuntu 17.10

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Frescobaldi 3 build on Ubuntu 17.10
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 12:45:39 +1100

Hi All,

Attempting to get to the bottom of the Frescobaldi dependency merry-go-round, I end up - having carefully checked everything - with the old crash after the splash screen core dump. Altogether miserable. I remember trying to debug the source code for this a while ago and came to grief then.

As this is probably OT, where is the most appropriate place to discuss this topic to move it forward? The Google Groups Frescobaldi group is more or less moribund, or has very low traffic and commands little attention I have found.

Any suggestions? I am prepared to do the work to solve this, but I do not know where the correct forum is.

Andrew