Re: Chords and what they mean

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Chords and what they mean
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 13:38:10 +0200

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 23:52:14 +0200
address@hidden wrote:

> You are certainly completely right. The transformation is quite simple,
> so a script in perl or awk or any similar program can easily solve the
> task. But can you use it in an integrated environment, like
> Frescobaldi-LilyPond, which I have come to appreciate a lot.

Sure, no problem. I my workflow the lilypond command that Frescobaldi uses
is a script that does some things before passing control to the 'real'
lilypond program.

But I could ask a different question.

On paper, we all write Am to designate an A-minor chord. However, in
LilyPond we write a:min. I haven't heard much complaints about this lately.

So what is the big deal to write c:sus4 when you want to designate your
flavour of Csus?

-- Johan