Adjusting distance between staves in a system

From: Javier Ruiz-Alma
Subject: Adjusting distance between staves in a system
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 00:38:28 -0700 (PDT)

v2.18.2

I have a PianoStaff and need to increase the spacing between the staves within a system where LP has them too close.
The PianoStaff has a treble, bass, and dynamics staves.
I tried increasing the padding around a hairpin in the dynamics that's adjacent to the pinched bar:

\override Hairpin.padding = #4 %doesn't work
\override Hairpin.bound-padding = #4 %doesn't work

\override Hairpin.height = #4 %spacing between staves is good, but now I have a wide hairpin!

Is there a way to increase the top & bottom padding for a centered hairpin, such that it spaces the treble & bass staves vertically while retaining it's default shape?

Any other alternatives to arbitrarily increase the vertical space of a single system?

 Javier