"Namespace" for includes

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: "Namespace" for includes
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:54:41 -0700

Is there anything like a namespace for include files?  Like JSP or XML has.  I'm finding that if I have a lot of includes in my file, I will get clashes in variable definitions.  For instance a variable like \global will have to become \courAllStaves, where "cour" is the namespace.  This is a very primitive form of namespacing from the BASIS days.  Is there anything better?

(I don't know Scheme very well, so if the answer is, "Write it in Scheme," I'll make an effort to learn more.)

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)