Hairping length

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Hairping length
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 09:43:11 +0200

Hello,

I just read about some open Mutopia requests (https://github.com/chrissawer/The-Mutopia-Project/issues/355) and started typesetting for fun. Unfortunately the fun vanished after some measures of issue #361.

So here comes the Lilypond related problem:

\version "2.18.0"
\relative c'' {
  \time 2/4
  \key e\major
  r8 r r e(\< |
  fis4)\! r|
  r8 e(\< fis4)\!
}

This chunk shows two hairpins. Obviously the first is too short. It should have been longer then the second because of the additional bar line. I "managed to fix" the problem with this code:

\relative c'' {
  \time 2/4
  \key e\major
  r8 r r
<<
    { \oneVoice e( | fis4)  } \\
    { s8\< | s8 s\! }
>> r4 |
  r8 e(\< fis4)\!
}

But I think this can't be the solution. Is there a better way to circumvent the problem?

Best Regards
Helge