Re: too wide score after upgrading 2.18.1 to 2.18.2

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: too wide score after upgrading 2.18.1 to 2.18.2
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:02:27 +0200

> On 20.04.2014 12:34, Karol Majewski wrote:
>> There was this big spacing issue 3304, which was fixed between 2.18.1 and
>> 2.18.2. https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3304
>> I think this could be the reason.
>
> It looks to be tuplet related and there are no tuplets in my score, but I
> don't really know much about lilypond internals.

It's not just about tuplets.

> The final question is - is there anything that can be forced to achieve
> narrower space?

Lol, that's a funny joke!
The question is not whether this is possible, but how hard/easy it is.

> From my (La)TeX background - I know that trying too hard to
> force TeX to do something usually ends in total failure ;) but still....

https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/notation-snippets/adjust-horizontal-spacing

btw, putting manual breaks all over the place does not look like a
good strategy for me...

best,
Janek