Re: different repeat structures in score

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: different repeat structures in score
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 19:24:06 +0200

> I'm engraving a score where each instrument repeats a different bar. To
> achieve this I tried moving the Default_bar_line_engraver to the Staff
> context, but now the repeat bar lines don't appear at all.
>
> The metre stays the same, so I don't think I have to move the
> Timing_translator also, but the result is the same either way.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> \version "2.18.0"
> \layout {
>   \context {
>     \Staff
>     \consists Default_bar_line_engraver
>     %\consists Timing_translator
>   }
>   \context {
>     \Score
>     \remove Default_bar_line_engraver
>     %\remove Timing_translator
>   }
> }
> \score {
>   {
>     <<
>       \new Staff {
>         c'1
>         c'1
>         \repeat volta 2 { c'1 }
>       }
>       \new Staff {
>         \repeat volta 2 { c'1 }
>         c'1
>         c'1
>       }
>     >>
>   }
> }
>

> --
> Mark Knoop

Hi,

try:

\version "2.18.0"
\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"
    \consists "Timing_translator"
    \consists "Repeat_acknowledge_engraver"
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
    \remove "Timing_translator"
    \remove "Repeat_acknowledge_engraver"
\score {
  {
    <<
      \new Staff {
        c'1
        c'1
        \repeat volta 2 { c'1 }
      }
      \new Staff {
        \repeat volta 2 { c'1 }
        c'1
        c'1
        %\override Staff.BarLine.X-offset = #0.9
        % or:

You'll notice a little gap at end of second line, the thin lines of
both bar-lines are a ligned.
Uncommenting the bar-setting there will make it disappear for this tiny example
Though, in a real life score you may want to add the X-offset override.

HTH,
  Harm