Re: 2. volta - repetition problem

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: 2. volta - repetition problem
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 10:33:42 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Branko
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 1:29 AM

just to clear up, what makes problem for me, is that 2. volta, as it is musicexpr in \alternative {} block, so how to put that now as a beginning of another repetition.. Don't know if I am clear enough..

Hi Marko,

You could write the entire second repeated section in the second alternative of the first repeated section.

This will cause a volta bracket over the entire second section, which can be shortened with
\set Score.voltaSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 3/4)

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/long-repeats

HTH

Phil.