Re: Anybody near a library posessing the "Old Schumann Edition"

From: Alexander Deubelbeiss
Subject: Re: Anybody near a library posessing the "Old Schumann Edition"
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:28:28 +0100 (CET)

> >> I wanted to get my hands on a volume of Clara Schumann's edition of
> >> Robert Schumann's works. Unfortunately I realized that we don't have
> >> this at all in my city.
> >>
> >> Is there anybody having convenient access to a library that owns this
> >> edition (not the one revised by Wilhelm Kempff)?
> >
> > Which specific works are we interested in? Between the university and the
> > Hochschule f?r Musik, Basel seems to have quite a bit of material, much of
> > which I could at least consult on-site.
> >
> > How about, for instance:
> >
> > _Klavier-Werke [Noten] / von Robert Schumann ; erste mit Fingersatz und
> > Vortragsbezeichnung versehene instructive Ausgabe, nach den Handschriften
> > und pers?nlicher ?berlieferung hrsg. von Clara Schumann_. Leipzig et al.:
> > Breitkopf und H?rtel, zw. 1880-1920

OK then: Robert Schumann's Werke, Serie 7: Für Pianoforte zu zwei Händen. No
complete set here, but there happens to be a copy of volume 2 in UB Basel.

Mild problem: this is old enough to only be available in a special reading room
where I can't take any tools other than paper and pencil. Measuring to the mm
is feasible with a paper tape though.

Would that help, and what, precisely, did you need measured?