Re: How do I get Emacs mode?

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Re: How do I get Emacs mode?
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:04:32 -0500

On 1/27/14, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> David Sumbler <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks to all for your responses to my enquiry about misaligned
>> dynamics.  Thanks especially to Hwaen Ch'uqi, who tried to answer my
>> question: unfortunately,
>> \override Dynamics.DynamicText.self-alignment-X = #-1
>> (modified for the different syntax in Lilypond 2.14.2) did not solve the
>> problem.  I think this is because -1 is the default value in any case.

Actually, the default is #0. The reason the code did not work is
because, as I stated earlier, the ways of calling overrides has
changed and so will not work unless you have upgraded to the latest
stable version.

>> You all suggested, as I was afraid you would, that instead of trying to
>> get 2.14.2 to do what I want, I should change to 2.18.0.  Considering
>> that http://www.lilypond.org/unix.html positively encourages us to use
>> the default version with distros such as Ubuntu (v2.14.2 in this case),
>> this is not what a new user might expect!

I suspect that you had installed 2.14.2 via ubuntu's apt-get
mechanism, which placed all the files in their correct location.
Manual installations, via the .sh script, will not place certain
files, such as the .el or .info files, where you might wish them.
Please have a look at this thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-05/msg00827.html

The last message of the thread should answer your questions. The
directory in view is either lisp or site-lisp.

I hope this helps.
Hwaen Ch'uqi