Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 13:34:28 +0100

2014/1/2 Noeck <address@hidden>
> 4. Web interface
> Currently the contributions are handled via github or by email.
> Github is a good way but it's for geeks only. There are currently only
> seven contributors:
> https://github.com/chrissawer/The-Mutopia-Project/graphs/contributors

I didn't know that this git repo.

I've just asked some website updates on mutopia-discuss. Let's see what happens...

> The email may be a good alternative, but who is receiving contributions@
> emails? Just Chris? I have no idea if people send contributions this way.

The last time (1 year ago) I sent an email to the suggested address, I
did not get any reply. So I didn’t try again and thought Mutopia is just
dead. I have some scores, that I could upload, I could also use them to
test any new upload feature.

Too bad.
Have you checked if your score has been added to Mutopia?

> A modern web interface may attract more contributions?

For several years now, I have sketches and ideas how that could work and
look and I always wanted to learn enough web techniques to make a
proposal which can be tested. But so far I still don’t have the
capabilities to do it.

Are you talking about the appearance?
I think that what may really change mutopia website requires some programming skill and knowledge of a web framework (django, for example).

The last discussion I started about Mutopia ended without changing the
website. If there is a chance that things really end up on the website,
I would search for the notes I have taken back then and contribute to
the discussion (but unfortunately not to realize it, see above).

which discussion?