Cello bow slurs

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Cello bow slurs
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 21:07:46 -0700

I have an exercise which requires starting a note on one string, then adding a second note while the first is still sounding.  Graphically, it looks like a slur. My problem is that, in order to get timing right, I have to use two voices, and of course, I can't slur from one to the other.

I'm also stuck on cutting pieces out of a scanned image, so here is what I need, attempted in ASCII, with the slur from the e2 to the c'4:

upper  r2  r4   c'4 |

lower   r2  e2        |

Having an abundance of humility, I don't mind replies of RTFM, as long as you point out the part of TFM to read, and I welcome any and all ideas.

Cheers,
Colin
--
There have been times I've considered getting the arbalest mounted on the right front fender of my car in working order.
 - denaldo, in alt.callahans