Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 13:52:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Janek,

I showed him two scores of mine, one with default settings for size, and the
had #(set-global-staff-size 18)

This friend of mine was working with contemporary music as far as I know, so
probably this is why he thought of that as being a rule. I spoke to him
about it once again right now, and he said that indeed he never read this
supposedly rule anywhere, he was just "taught" that while working for
Barenreiter.

Well, so in this case I don't think there is anything to complain about, all
those beams were totally "legal" :)

As for your suggestion of whiting-out the staff lines on the gaps, I think
that this could look bad. My guess is that it would make the notes to appear
to "float" above the staff, and it would make reading more difficult.

Regards,
Gilberto