Re: change barline type with time signature change

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: change barline type with time signature change
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:55:26 +0100

> Hi Jan-Peter (and anyone else still interested in this thread):
>
> In the end, the conductor of my chamber opera asked to have the bar
> lines solid for all measures, but 50% grey and slightly thicker than
> default as the "baseline", and black and slightly thicker still for
> bar lines concurrent with a time signature change — I easily adapted
> the engraver and my context defaults to suit.
>
> He is thrilled with the result**, and hence so am I.
> (** He goes so far as to say that this should be the standard notation
> practice!)

"50% grey" is not really good for reproduction (probably something
current publishers would consider rather an advantage), and of course,
it would not have been available with plate engraving.

One nice thing about LilyPond is that it is reasonably easy to provide
personalized scores from the same (possibly preexisting) source to
multiple recipients with individual needs.

--
David Kastrup