Re: weird behaviour with horizontal brackets and \include

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: weird behaviour with horizontal brackets and \include
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:25:56 -0800 (PST)

Kevin Patrick Barry wrote
> Dear LilyPond users,
>
> I believe I have encountered a complex bug involving the interaction
> between horizontal brackets and outside-staff-priority. It is both obscure
> and easy to work around, so it's not urgent, but I thought I would send it
> here anyway.  It requires two files to reproduce. Rather than explain what
> I was trying to do I'll simply paste in some tinyish examples that should
> reproduce the bug (although they won't make any sense). (I am using
> LilyPond 2.16.1 through Frescobaldi 2.08 on Ubuntu 12.10.)
>

> The bug seems to be caused by the inclusion of the stylefile twice in the
> score (this happens indirectly in my own files), however it only affects
> horizontal brackets that I have tweaked the outside-staff-priority of
> (nothing else, not even other horizontal brackets are affected). The bug
> can be extended by adding extra \includes - each one will add another
> bracket.

hi Kevin

this has nothing to do with \include - the same happens if you have several
\layout { \context { ... } } in the same file! obviously a
Horizontal_bracket_engraver is added each time

a simple workaround is to remove this engraver before you add it (although I
don't think this should be necessary):

\layout {
  \context { \Voice \consists "Horizontal_bracket_engraver"}
  \context { \Voice
                 \remove "Horizontal_bracket_engraver"
                 \consists "Horizontal_bracket_engraver"

Eluze