Re: change barline type with time signature change

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: change barline type with time signature change
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:33:17 +0100 (CET)

> I thought it a bit ridiculous when he first suggested it, but the
> more I look at it (I fixed it manually in my draft score), the more
> I believe it may actually be superior to traditional engraving
> practice, from the standpoint of "ease of reading" (which, after
> all, is the primary reason for engraving standards).

Well, the larger the deviation from standard engraving practice, the
more irritating it is to the casual reader (read: musicians who are
constantly lacking enough rehearsals).  There must be *very* good
reasons to not follow the engraving tradition, and maybe your piece
really justifies such a change, I don't know.

    Werner