Re: Trill and nonstandard expressive mark

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Trill and nonstandard expressive mark
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 11:59:09 +0100

Ed Gordijn <address@hidden> writes:

> Hij David, Olivier,
>
>> That's what is called "syntax".
>
> And that was my mistake. I assumed I needed some grouping delimiter if
> a statement is spanning multiple lines. I am still confused that it
> isn't needed. What does terminate it, a blank line?

It is finished when it is finished.  Since the last argument of a \tweak
is a music expression, and a \tweak produces a music expression itself,
a sequence of \tweak followed by a single music expression again is one
music expression.

This is different from \override which is a self-sufficient music
expression (it does not take a music argument), so for combining
multiple \override commands, you need to wrap them in { ... } or

--
David Kastrup