Re: FretBoards chordChanges

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: FretBoards chordChanges
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 11:20:30 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "EmilLask" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 7:13 AM

Thanks Marc and thanks Phil.

Is there an easy guide, step by step, to compiling Lilypond in mac os x and
add .cc patch without get in trouble ?

There's a lot about compiling lilypond at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/compiling

Unless you have a lot of experience, it would probably be easier to use a virtual machine and LilyDev.

Phil, when do you think will be ready the new release?

I was a little optimistic when I said it _would_ be in 2.17.10. The truth it it _could_ be in that build. As David says, the proposed change needs reviewing (a process docmented in http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/commits-and-patches and which he as already started). If it passes review and he pushed it to git, it would be in the release following that. I typically make a release every 2 weeks.

--
Phil Holmes