Re: Tweaking notehead direction in chords

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Tweaking notehead direction in chords
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 23:10:58 -0500

On Dec 27, 2012, at 9:38 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> approved as
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=861
>
> I added some small changes.
> Could take them back, if you want.
>
> Many thanks for contributing,
>  Harm

Hi Harm,  That's great, thanks!

Unfortunately, I ran into a problem when using this snippet with beams set with
square brackets.  Here's a tiny example (see attached file for full tiny
example):

    <cis'' e''>16[  \displaceHeads #'(-1 0) <d'' f''>]

This leads to the following error (without the square brackets there is no
error):

__________________
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical
objects.../Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/output-lib.scm:133:10:
 In procedure - in expression (- (ly:stem::pure-calc-stem-end-position grob 0
...) beg):
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/output-lib.scm:133:10:
 Wrong type: calculation-in-progress
Exited with return code 1.

Without looking into it any further, my best guess is that calculating the stem
width does not work because the stem grob has not been generated before the ]
is reached, or something like that?  Any thoughts on how to best work around
this?

Thanks,
-Paul