Absolute size of lyrics font

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Absolute size of lyrics font
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:24:25 +0100

Hello,

An amateur publisher is asking me to set a "size 8" or "size 10" for
the lyrics. While overlooking how unespecific that is, I found this
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-09/msg00253.html
and I wonder if in the meantime has anybody found a handy way of
setting an absolute size for lyrics?

Putting a standalone markup near an actual score like this(1) serves
as a comparative aid, but nothing more.

%% (1)
%%
\markup{
  \abs-fontsize #8 {
    8 8 8 8 8 8 8 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing
elit. Nullam sapien mauris, venenatis at, fermentum at, tempus eu,
urna.
\markup {
  \abs-fontsize #10 {
    10 10 10 10 10 10 10 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer
adipiscing elit. Nullam sapien mauris, venenatis at,

%#(set-global-staff-size 14)

theLyrics = \lyricmode {
  "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit."
}

\score {
  { b b }
  \addlyrics { \override LyricText.font-size = #-2.5 "8 8 8 8 8 8 8"
\theLyrics }
  \addlyrics { \override LyricText.font-size = #-0.5 "10 10 10 10 10
10 10" \theLyrics }
}

%%%END
--