Re: Marking a chord line as capo 3

From: Romel Anthony S . Bismonte
Subject: Re: Marking a chord line as capo 3
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:32:07 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65 <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> 2012/12/27 Romel Anthony S. Bismonte <math_wizard44 <at> hotmail.com>:

>>I have two chord lines above my music line, and I was wondering how I can mark

>>the upper chord line as being "Capo 3" for the guitar. In lyrics, you can set

>>the "stanza" of a line--is there something similar to that?

> Hi,

> putting the "Stanza_number_engraver" into ChordNames-context will work:

> \version "2.16.1"

> \layout {

>   \context {

>      \ChordNames

>      \consists "Stanza_number_engraver"

>   }

> }

Thanks, this works very well. I was thinking about using "text-interface" but I

realized that was going in the wrong direction.

Additionally, I found that I can change the capo 3 chord line so that it stands

out from the other line by bolding it thus:

\override ChordNames.ChordName #'font-series = #'bold

where the chords actually are.

Thanks again for the help.

Romel