Re: Can not get my layout right

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Can not get my layout right
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 07:30:04 -0800 (PST)

Daniel Roussel wrote
> My problem now is with the vertical spacing.  I'd like to have more space
> under
> the "Title" and "Instrument" and the score itself and I'd also like to
> reduce
> the large spacing between the music "lines"; the space between the rhythm
> staff
> and the next line fret diagrams.  Sorry if my wording is all wrong, I
> still
> have a lot to learn!

have a look at /vertical spacing/ in the NR

I propose to override the following variables:
\paper {
  top-system-spacing    #'basic-distance      = #12
  last-bottom-spacing #'basic-distance      = #12
  ragged-bottom = ##t
}

/ragged-bottom = ##t/ seems important because otherwise LilyPond tries to
spread the systems evenly over the page.

hth
Eluze