Re: Measure_counter_engraver examples

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Measure_counter_engraver examples
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:09:58 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> To: "David Nalesnik" <address@hidden>; "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 4:45 PM

David, you wrote Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:58 PM

The Measure_counter_engraver is part of LilyPond as of 2.17.7.  There
isn't any documentation yet.  (For one thing, I'm unsure of where to
put it as it requires adding the engraver to a context.  Would a
snippet be the best way to tackle this issue?)

Yes.  It (or they) need to be placed in snippets and snippets/new.
Try to keep the examples as short as possible.  Once there it's easy
to add them to the docs.

They can't go into the LSR as it is at the wrong release level.

Trevor

It's only necessary to place the snippet in snippets/new. It should be copied into snippets using makelsr, which I do on a semi-regular basis. Clearly if you want to use the snippet in the docs and check that all is OK, you would need to run makelsr yourself.

--
Phil Holmes