Re: Fast generation of png files

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Fast generation of png files
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:13:25 -0800 (PST)

Piotr Tokarski wrote
> Hi!
> I would like to ask how to generate a png file in a minimal time. I
> tried to use " -dpreview -dno-print-pages " options, but from
> "test.ly" file, it produced "test.pdf"," test..preview.pdf" and
> "test.preview.png" files. I think if I could skip the pdf files, the
> generating time could be shorter.

have a look at
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage#basic-command-line-options-for-lilypond

it tells how to specify which format to use and going on to
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage#advanced-command-line-options-for-lilypond
(which you seem to have found already) how to suppress the regular output.

hth
Eluze