Re: Wrong pitch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Wrong pitch
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:40:10 +0100

Christophe Papazian <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I made a simple example of what I did, and I don't understand what's wrong :
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>  \version "2.16.1"
>
> ArpOne =
> #(define-music-function
>      (parser location noteA noteB)
>      (ly:music? ly:music?)
>    #{
>      #noteA #noteB
>      #noteA #noteB
>      #noteA #noteB
>      #noteA #noteB
>    #})
>

> \relative c'' {\clef treble
> aes1 \ArpOne a8 b c1
> }
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> If someone can help me to repeat my notes using a music function
> within the right octave !

#{ \repeat \volta 4 { #noteA #noteB } #}

> (Here the octave is wrong as you can see if you try to typeset that
> example)

What happens here is that you use the same note multiple times without
copying it.  So it gets relativized multiple times.

If you use the argument multiple times, you should be using $xxx for
that reason rather than #xxx as $xxx creates a copy.

--
David Kastrup