RE: My return to Lilypond

From: Eduardo Silva
Subject: RE: My return to Lilypond
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:00:57 -0700

> "David", not "Daniel". The one with the constant harping, not the one
> able to coexist peacefully with multiple versions of Lion.
Sorry about that, David :-( I was sure I had double checked it, but no...
One thing I wish I could figure out how to find an easier way to do it is
the lyrics alignment to the notes.
I like this style of aligning the syllables to the left in the beginning of each system,
like some songbooks have it. Because I can't tell it which syllable will be under the beginning
of a new system, that's the last tweak I have to do.
Example:
http://pastebin.com/uwcVttgE

I add these shortcuts to the affected syllables:
lefta = \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #-1

leftb = \once \override LyricText #'X-offset = #-1

My wish would be to have a Scheme macro that would apply both this instructions for the first
lyric syllable of a new system. Or is that beyond Scheme's scope?

Cheers,
Eduardo