Two bits of markup at the same point in the music?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Two bits of markup at the same point in the music?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:14:50 +0000

I wonder if there is a way of creating several pieces of markup text at
a point in the music and tweaking their positions independently...

\override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 10) <>-\markup {"pizz."}
\override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -10)<>-\markup {"3"}

for example does give both bits of markup, but the extra-offsets put in
do not both take effect, only the last.

 (the <> things here are empty chords, equivalent to s1*0, just there to
hang the markup on).

Having experimented a bit, I suspect I may be up against something
fundamental here. The sort of application I have in mind is applying
several pieces of text around a single chord with fine hand control over
the positioning using #'extra-offset (this is for Wysiwyg control of
positioning, dragging on the final pdf output in Denemo).

Richard Shann