Re: Parameterizing a LilyPond function

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Parameterizing a LilyPond function
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 06:35:28 +0100

PMA <address@hidden> writes:

> David & David,
>
> Thank you Both!
>
> I'm using the one-param version, as in this score my X & Y offsets
> always match.
> But on exec -- uh oh -- Scheme is yelling:
>
>    <string>:2:65: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression
> beginning here
>        \once \override Glissando #(quote (bound-details left Y)) = #
>                                                                  offset
>    Unbound variable: offset
>
> Hmm.  The invocation, BTW, was     \glissmove #1.3
>
> Just in case, better tell you my LP Version is still 2.13.32.
> If I must upgrade Right Now, well then ok, but I'd almost prefer a
> cyanide pill.

That's an unstable version from more than two years ago.  This is a
combination that does not exactly make a lot of sense since unstable
versions are likely to contain short-lived bugs and features.

If upgrading is a horror for you, you should only be using stable
versions.  Using unstable versions makes sense only when you are
planning on frequent updates.

--
David Kastrup