Possible regression in lilypond-book: including a file in a parent direc

From: Jakub Pavlík
Subject: Possible regression in lilypond-book: including a file in a parent directory
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:35:35 +0100

Hi,

I've found a serious difference in behaviour between lilypond-book 2.12.3 and 2.15.34:

If you include a LilyPond file in your LaTeX document using
\lilypondfile{file.ly
and this file includes another file using
\include "anotherfile.ly"
everything is OK. But then you want to include one more file, which is in the parent directory:
\include "../onemorefile.ly"
And, this detail is also important, you run lilypond-book with the option --out, which puts all the output in a specified directory.

lilypond-book 2.12.3 does, what you want. lilypond-book 2.15.34 ends with an error:
error: cannot find file: `../onemorefile.ly'

You may unpack the attached archive, go in the directory lilybookincludetest/subdir and run make with different versions of lilypond-book in the PATH to see what I am writing about.

Isn't it a regression? Lilypond-book 2.12.3 behaved just how I expected it to behave...

Jakub Pavlík