Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.4

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.4
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:50:40 +0100

Op Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:10:35 +0100
Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> schreef:

> Yeah, I'm still not entirely convinced by the KDE-less version (in a
> couple months we should discuss it in the Report :-).

Please let me know the things you miss most! Note that F2 is only
(roughly) one year old and really written from scratch, the first commit
is of Nov 11, 2012. I intend to keep developing and adding new
features. I think the current technical infrastructure and code setup is
very nice.

Many things are high on the TODO list, and all the needed
infrastructure is already there:

- MIDI input (both in step mode and real-time playing)
- MIDI import (advanced dialog to open a MIDI file and arrange the
  tracks into voices before dropping the LY code to the editor)
- Import other formats, either through the xxx2ly tools or with own
  libraries
- VI-like editing mode
- folding in editor
- complete the highlighting for html, latex, docbook, texinfo
- command for running lilypond-book
- integration with git/svn etc.
- editing through the Music View (i.e. drag objects to attach them to
  another note or to insert offset overrides)
- lookup of lilypond keywords in the lilypond help (like Fresc. 1.2)

> But: happy birthday!

Merci beaucoup!

Wilbert

--