Re: lyric hyphen goes outside staff limits at line break

From: Zsolt Cselényi
Subject: Re: lyric hyphen goes outside staff limits at line break
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 00:15:32 +0000 (UTC)

David Nalesnik <david.nalesnik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Zsolt,
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM, -Eluze <eluzew <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Zsolt Cselényi wrote:
>

> > For the above the first line is broken after three "bla"-s and the hyphen
> > of the
> > last "bla" sticks out completely on the right.
> >
> hi
> I think the paper-width is very short, too - is that your intention? did you
> mean \cm
>

> Sorry, I can't reproduce this.  The notes are so close together the hyphens
are suppressed when I run this with 2.14.2.

> -David

Hi, of course in the _tiny_ example I used narrow paper (yes, 2.8 cm) to bring
out the error. However, it also happens in case of normal paper size: every now
and then when working with longer chants where syllables have to be broken at
the end of line, the hyphen connecting the last syllable on the line to the one
on the next sticks out.
I don't get it why you can't reproduce it. Yes, hyphens are suppressed mid-line
but the one at the end should not be: that's the one sticking out off-staff.
Should I post another example with bigger paper & longer music? How can I share
a print-out to show it looks at my end?
Thanks!
Zsolt