Re: difficulty filling the whole page

From: Jean-Alexis Montignies
Subject: Re: difficulty filling the whole page
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 12:17:50 +0100

On 7 mars 2012, at 12:10, Hans Aikema wrote:

> On 7-3-2012 11:26, Jean-Alexis Montignies wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've written a score and after playing with spacing, and margins I made it a
>> one page score.
>> But at the end of the page, there is about 20 mm left. If I increase the top
>> margin to 1mm (it's 0 for now as is bottom margin), lilypond add a second
>> page, though obviously from the human perspective there is still plenty of
>> room :)
>>
>> Any clue?
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Jean-Alexis

>> .
>>
> Jean-Alexis,
>
> Could it be space reserved for an empty footer?
It doesn't look so, because if I set ragged-last-bootom to false, the page is
filled.
So I found a solution, but the problem is that I would like to increase the top
margin now, because there's no space at all on the top of the paper, my printer
seem to be able to print with no margin.

So I now there is plenty of space, but if I increase the margin, even by 1mm,
it spans the staves on two pages.

Jean-Alexis

For now I have:

\paper {
top-margin = 0\mm
bottom-margin = 0\mm
ragged-last-bottom = ##f
last-bottom-spacing #'basic-distance = #0
}
\layout {
\context {
\Lyrics
\override VerticalAxisGroup
#'nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing #'padding = #0
\override VerticalAxisGroup
#'nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing #'padding = #0.5
\override VerticalAxisGroup
#'nonstaff-unrelatedstaff-spacing #'padding = #0
}
\context {
\ChordNames