Re: vim pointing to pdf-viewer and reverse

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: vim pointing to pdf-viewer and reverse
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:38:17 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012, Stjepan Horvat wrote:

I put the command 'urlCommand "lilypond-invoke-editor %s"' at the end
of /etc/xpdfrc (i use archlinux)..and then when i tryed to hit a note
in xpdf it tryes to open emacs..the secend thing that i tryed is to
start gvim with options 'gvim --remote +:line:normcolumn myfile.ly'
and i get an error like this in gvim 'E492: Not an editor command:
:line:normcolumn|cal foreground()|if &im|star|en|redr|f' and this
'E247: no registered server named "GVIM": Send failed. Trying to
execute locally' in terminal..

I tought it is simple as that..but from mail-archive i saw that it is
more complicated than i tought..but still did not understand how to
set it up..

I once tried to set something like that up with vim. Did have a little bit of luck with xpdf but I never succeeded setting it up with evince.

The easiest way to be able to benifit from this cool point-and-click feature is installing the newest Frescobaldi. Then it just works out-of-the-box. Even in both ways: you can click in the Lilypond source and see where it is in the pdf-viewer and vice-versa! That's what I have done and it works great. I still also use vim to quickly edit Lilypond files, but without point-and-click functionality.

--

MT