stem length of eighth & 16th notes are too long.

From: MING TSANG
Subject: stem length of eighth & 16th notes are too long.
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:17:05 -0800 (PST)

Please check the stem length on voice one BASS cleff is too long.
Did I do something wrong?
How cab I shorten it?

Attached is snippet and png.  I have trouble produce the snippet exactly as the png.

I try "\override Stem #'length-fraction = #(magstep -3)", but it affects stems on quarter notes, half notes but not on eighth & 16th notes.   What must I do in order that the stems for 8th & 16th notes can be shortened also?

Blessing in+,
Ming