Re: Using lyrics in a markup

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Using lyrics in a markup
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:02:01 +0100

Hello again,

so you would have to check (pseudo-scheme):
(if (and (string? x)(string=? x
"<someIndicatorStringNooneWouldEverUseInARealLyric>"))
        (<introduceNewLine> ...))

and this would probably be done in the (reduce-hyphens text)-method/function.

If this works one could define a variable with the lyrics including the
newlines. Then use it filtered with \lyricsto and markedup with \verse.

Best regards,
Jan-Peter.